FIRST CERTIFICATE IN ENGLISH FOR SCHOOLS
THIS EXAM IS DESIGNED FOR 11-16-YEAR CANDIDATES
THE LEVEL PROFIECENCY NECESSARY FOR SUCCESSFULL COMPLETION OF FCE IS B2
RESULTS CAN BE OBTAINED ON-LINE
THE EXAM HAS GOT BOTH PAPER- AND COMPUTER-BASED VERSIONS
First is one of the most popular international examinations. It is recognized by colleges and universities in Europe. If you plan to continue your child’s study abroad or would like to confirm the above-average language level, then the exam First for Schools is the right choice.
Sections: reading and use of english, writing, reading, listening, speaking
- Reading and Use of English: 1 hour 15 minutes. Consists of 7 parts (52 questions).
Purpose: students need to be able to understand a range of texts, including how they are organised and the opinions and attitudes expressed in them. The texts will be from sources familiar to school-aged learners, such as magazines, articles, fiction and advertisements, but targeted at the interests of students.
Students’ use of English will be tested by tasks which show how well they can control their grammar and vocabulary.
- Writing — 1 hour 20 minutes. It consists of 2 parts. The written part consists of 2 tasks of 120 — 180 words.
Test Objective: to write a letter (an article, letter or story) and text-based report.
- Listening — 40 minutes. It consists of 4 parts and 30 questions.
Test Objective: to choose the right options and sentence endings, fill out forms, and choose from two or three options.
- Speaking — 14 minutes. It consists of 4 parts.
Test Objective: to participate in a conversation between two examiners and two candidates simultaneously, interview, one-minute monologue on a topic, and discussion on the general topic with the second candidate.
THE ASSESSMENT CAN BE AS FOLLOWS:
- Grade A – C1 – 180 to 190
- Grade B – B2 – 173 to 179
- Grade C – B2 – 160 to 172
- Level B1 – 140 to 159
REGISTRATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- You can register either by filling out the application form on the Oxford Klass website or by phone:
+ 38 (044) 229-29-99.
- Only Oxford Klass provides you with a unique opportunity to register the day before the exam without any penalty.