KEY ENGLISH TEST
THIS EXAMINATION CORRESPONDS TO LEVEL A2 OF CEFR
THE EXAM HAS GOT BOTH PAPER- AND COMPUTER-BASED VERSIONS
UNIVERSITIES OF THE WORLD, THAT RECOGNIZE CAMBRIDGE EXAMS
Exam structure: reading and writing, listening, speaking.
- Reading and writing — 1 hour 10 minutes. It consists of 9 parts and 56 questions.
Examination Objective: to fill in the blanks in the text, choose the right options, indicate the true statements, write the words in accordance with the context, as well as to write a short message in the form of a letter or note.
- Listening — 30 minutes. It consists of 5 parts and 25 questions.
Examination Objective: to choose the correct answers in the text and fill in the blanks. Texts for listening, non-adapted dialogues and monologues.
- Speaking — 10 minutes. It consists of 2 parts.
Examination Objective: to tell the examiner about yourself (3 min.), hold a question-and-answer dialogue with an interlocutor (3 min.), describe a photo (3 min.), and to talk about the subject depicted in the photo (about 3 min).
Exam score will be the total number of points accumulated at all stages of the examination process.
A CANDIDATE CAN GET FOUR GRADES:
- Pass with Distinction — 90%-100% that corresponds to Level B1 of the CEFR Global Scale;
- Pass with Merit – 85 to 89%,that corresponds to Level A2 of the CEFR Global Scale;
- Pass — 70%-84% that corresponds to Level A2 of the CEFR;
- Pass Level A1 — 45%-69% that corresponds to Level A1 of the CEFR;
- Fail — 0%-44%, the exam is not passed at all.
REGISTRATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- You can register either by filling out the application form on the Oxford Klass website or by phone:
+ 38 (044) 229-29-99.
- Only Oxford Klass provides you with a unique opportunity to register the day before the exam without any penalty.