KEY ENGLISH TEST FOR SCHOOLS
EXAM IS DESIGNED FOR 11-14-OLD TEENAGERS
THE EXAM HAS GOT BOTH PAPER- AND COMPUTER-BASED VERSIONS
RESULTS CAN BE OBTAINED ON-LINE
Exam checks the candidate’s ability to use both written and spoken language at an elementary level in everyday life. The peculiarity of this test is special topics chosen in accordance with 11-14-year-old students’ interests.
The KET for Schools Structure: reading and writing, listening, speaking.
- Reading and Writing — 1 hour 10 minutes. It consists of 9 parts and 56 questions.
Examination Objective: to fill in the blanks in the text, choose the right options, indicate the true statements, write the words in accordance with the context, as well as to write a short message in the form of a letter or note.
- Listening — 30 minutes. It consists of 5 parts and 25 questions.
Examination Objective: to choose the correct answers in the text and fill in the blanks. Texts for listening, non-adapted dialogues and monologues.
- Speaking — 10 minutes. It consists of 2 parts.
Examination Objective: to tell the examiner about yourself (3 min.), hold a question-and-answer dialogue with an interlocutor (3 min.), describe a photo (3 min.), and to talk about the subject depicted in the photo (about 3 min).
Exam results will be the total number of points accumulated at all stages of the examination process. Assessment results can be set as follows: Reading — 50% of the total number of points, Listening — 25%, and Speaking — 25%.
A CANDIDATE CAN GET FOUR GRADES:
- Pass with Distinction — 90%-100% that corresponds to Level B1 of the CEFR Global Scale;
- Pass with Merit – 85 to 89%,that corresponds to Level A2 of the CEFR Global Scale;
- Pass — 70%-84% that corresponds to Level A2 of the CEFR;
- Pass Level A1 — 45%-69% that corresponds to Level A1 of the CEFR;
- Fail — 0%-44%, the exam is not passed at all.
IN ORDER TO SUCCESSFULLY PASS THE KET for Schools A STUDENT MUST:
- Understand the meaning of elementary topics of everyday life: friends, education, family, etc.;
- Be able to speak on familiar topics in standard situations associated with the exchange of information;
- Use simple phrases to describe their origin, education, etc.
CAMBRIDGE ENGLISH KET/ KET for Schools ADVANTAGES:
- Obtainment of the international certificate;
- Confirmation of the ability to communicate at a basic level;
- Recognition of the certificate by British Embassy.
REGISTRATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- You can register either by filling out the application form on the Oxford Klass website or by phone: + 38 (044) 229-29-99
- Only Oxford Klass provides you with a unique opportunity to register the day before the exam without any penalty.