PRELIMINARY ENGLISH TEST FOR SCHOOLS
TEST IS DESIGNED FOR 11-14-YEAR-OLD TEENAGERS
THE LEVEL REQUIRED TO PASS THE EXAM: B1
EXAM HAS GOT BOTH PAPER- AND COMPUTER-BASED VERSIONS
RESULTS CAN BE OBTAINED ON-LINE
This exam is a serious motivation to increase knowledge, identify the adult attitude toward knowledge, and reward efforts.
Sections: reading, speaking, listening.
- Reading and Writing — 1 hour 30 minutes. It consists of 5 parts and 35 questions, and the Writing Section consists of 3 parts and 7 questions.
Test Objective: to demonstrate an understanding of the basic idea of the article from either a newspaper or magazine and answer a few text-based questions. In the Writing Section, a candidate has to fill in the blanks, write a short message, postcard, letter to a friend, or a short story.
- Listening — 35 minutes. It consists of 4 parts and 25 questions.
Test Objective: to choose the correct answer based on what was heard and fill in the gaps in the text.
- Speaking — 10 minutes. It consists of 4 parts.
Test Objective: to participate in a conversation between two examiners and two candidates simultaneously. A candidate must be able to debate the proposed topic.
PET for Schools results are assessed as follows: Reading and Writing — 50%, Listening — 25%, and Speaking — 25% of the total score.
A CANDIDATE CAN GET FOUR GRADES:
- Pass with Distinction — 90%-100% that corresponds to Level B2 of the CEFR Global Scale;
- Pass with Merit – 85 to 89%,that corresponds to Level B2 of the CEFR Global Scale;
- Pass — 70%-84% that corresponds to Level B1 of the CEFR;
- Pass Level A2 — 45%-69% that corresponds to Level A2 of the CEFR;
- Fail — 0%-44%, the exam is not passed at all.
FOR SUCCESSFULL EXAM DELIVERY, YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
Understand the basic idea of a conversation, hold a conversation on common everyday topics, talk about hobbies, school, friends, plans, and express opinion with simple sentences.
REGISTRATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- You can register either by filling out the application form on the Oxford Klass website or by phone: + 38 (044) 229-29-99
- Only Oxford Klass provides you with a unique opportunity to register the day before the exam without any penalty.