YOUNG LEARNERS ENGLISH FLYERS
THIS LEVEL IS THE MOST DIFFICULT OF ALL THE YLE EXAM LAVALS
IT CORRESPONDS TO LEVEL A2
THIS TEST IS RECOMMENDED FOR 10-12-YEAR-OLD CHILDREN
Sections: Listening, Reading and Writing, Speech Perception, Speaking. Duration: 75 minutes
- Listening — 25 minutes. Test Objective: to mark the correct words, draw a given subject and paint it out according to the task, connect the word and object using lines, as well as to listen to the task and mark the correct word.
- Reading and Writing — 40 minutes. Test Objective: to hear the word and correlate it with its meaning, select the correct answer from several options, write and insert the correct variant of a word in a sentence (adjective, verb, noun) in the present tense and past tense, give a title to the text, and complete sentences.
- Speaking — 9 minutes. Test Objective: to find the differences in 6 similar pictures and describe them, describe 4 pictures that make up a story, as well as to answer some questions about school, friends, and hobbies.
After passing the level Flyers, a student has the right to take KET (Key English Test) and PET (Preliminary English Test). These tests are designed to assess the level of knowledge of older children and teenagers.
REGISTRATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- It is possible to register for the exam 6 weeks prior to the date of its delivery.
- Dates: Any date (provided registration 6 weeks prior to the exam date).